The story of a Saint Bernard who was rescued by your faithful bloggers from neglect and maltreatment

Sure, she's got issues. Who doesn't? We're working on them. But she's got her forever home now and she knows it!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New York dogs - sophisticated? spoiled? or simply urban?

Digg!
Oh my! Look what day it is. Sorry to have disappeared like that.

You've probably been wondering what's become of us. One of us, Sally, has been traipsing around an awful lot. Tom and Daisy have been very patient about staying home on their own.

And I have missed them. So while in New York, I snapped some photos of the many dogs out walking in the morning, at noon, and in the evening. So many dogs in New York! Here are a few:

Taking the subway







Out at night

Walking in groups







For the highlight of the week, I visited Mara at the American Kennel Club headquarters. What a remarkable place! The walls are lined with handsome dog portraits, all of the utmost quality. And what did I see the moment I stepped off the elevator, in the most coveted spot at the entry? A beautiful Saint Bernard, of course!

No comments: