The story of a Saint Bernard who was rescued by your faithful bloggers from neglect and maltreatment

Sure, she's got issues. Who doesn't? We're working on them. But she's got her forever home now and she knows it!

Monday, September 03, 2007

Winston tried to scare Daisy on purpose (possibly)!

Digg!

I hate to think that Winston would try to scare Daisy on purpose, but what other reason could he have for dressing up as Dracula? I think Daisy's panicky behavior was completely appropriate under the circumstances. She knew that ferocious , undead Yorkie was going to bite her neck the first chance he got, end of story. If you don't believe me, take a look at the photographic evidence: unlike sleeping dogs, photos don't lie.

Her reaction to being tied up in the back yard was understandable, too, if we had remembered what happened to Nana, the delightful Saint Bernard who cared for and watched over the Darling children in "Peter Pan." Who could ever forget the heartbreaking scene in the Disney version of Peter Pan, poor Nana tethered to the ground while watching Peter and all the little Darlings -- Wendy, Tigger, Christopher Robin and Piglet (or whoever) -- flying off into the night. Recalling that scene is enough to drive any Saint Bernard to the edge. We have to consider the possibility that Daisy was distraught because she was worried that someone was going to spirit us away to Neverland without her. She probably knows that in the original story (not the Disney version), Nana got to go along to Neverland with Peter and the kids. Why Disney changed the story must be quite a story in itself. Daisy and I would both like to know why anyone would leave their beloved Saint behind.

1 comment:

Dog Fences said...

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!